Top updates from across the University.
1. People and Money
The senior leadership team is taking steps to address the situation with People and Money, including:
- Making any outstanding payments to students and to ensure that student stipend processes operate smoothly
- Working through outstanding payments to suppliers and ensuring continuity of supply of goods and services
- Addressing the backlog of research projects to be added to People and Money and ensuring that the finance processes and reports associated with these operate effectively for project teams
- Supporting budget management activity.
The Principal, Professor Peter Mathieson, has emailed staff to outline the actions being taken, and links to the senior leadership team’s response to the Senate letter, FAQs and available help and support.
2. Industrial action
Following the recent national ballot, there is a further day of UCU strike action taking place at our University tomorrow, Wednesday 30 November 2022.
UCU action short of a strike will also continue until an agreement is reached, or until the end of the ballot mandate on 20 April 2023.
The University has posted information on a SharePoint site for staff and line managers, whether you are choosing to take part in the industrial action or are looking for further information on how this may affect University operations.
3. Employee Assistance Programme extension
The University’s Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), which offers counselling appointments for staff, with shorter wait times, has been extended until 31 October 2023.
The EAP aims to support employees with personal or work-related issues that may impact their job performance, their health or their mental or emotional wellbeing. Full details of the EAP counselling service, and how to book an appointment, can be found on our staff webpages.