Top updates from across the University.
1. All staff Q&A session responses
Answers to questions which were not answered at the Principal’s Q&A session for staff in April due to time constraints have now been published on SharePoint
2. Industrial action
The University and College Union (UCU) is calling on its members to take industrial action in support of its two disputes over proposed changes to the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) pension scheme and the 2021/22 pay award. This follows UCU re-ballots which closed on 8 April.
UCU is calling on its members to take continuous action short of a strike (ASOS) from Monday 23 May 2022 which includes:
- A marking and assessment boycott
- Only working contracted hours and duties and not volunteering to do more
- Not covering for absent colleagues
- Not rescheduling classes and lectures cancelled due to strike action
- Removing uploaded materials related to, and/or not sharing materials related to, lectures or classes that will be or have been cancelled as a result of strike action.
Further guidance will be published on the website and circulated to all staff once details are finalised: Industrial action updates
3. Curriculum Transformation forum mixer event
The Edinburgh Student Vision is being consulted on now as part of the Curriculum Transformation Programme. Its purpose is to define a shared ambition for the distinctive qualities and impact of the curriculum for our applicants, students and graduates.
The event will run on Thursday 26 May, 2 to 3:30pm and is an opportunity for all staff to give feedback on the draft vision and implications for curriculum design in different disciplines and context. The team are very keen to hear what you think.
For further information on the Edinburgh Student Vision and to contribute to the consultation visit: Edinburgh Student Vision Consultation
If you would like to attend this event please email the team at: email@example.com