Top updates from across the University.
1. New People and Money services launched
On 4 April the University launched payroll and timesheet services in People and Money.
This means that, in addition to accessing our HR services, you can now use People and Money to:
- View and download future payslips,
- Process guaranteed hours, additional hours and overtime,
- Record all types of leave,
- If you’re a manager or administrator, update contracts directly in the system using the new Change Assignment app.
If you haven’t already, you’ll hear more from your own College, School or team managers about local plans to introduce our new services and what that means for how you do your job. There will also be further all-staff communications ahead of the April payroll run with a reminder about the support and information available to support any pay queries at this time. Find out more on the People and Money web page.
2. Future of TestEd
Further funding was awarded to TestEd by the Senior Leadership Team in December 2021 to allow the TestEd lab to remain open until October 2022. This will allow asymptomatic saliva testing to continue throughout the summer for University of Edinburgh staff and students and into the start of the next academic year.
During this extension period, the TestEd lab will be applying for UKAS accreditation with an aim of sustainability as a not-for-profit spinout company.
3. Updates to University policies
The Payroll Policy and Staff Expenses Policy have been updated to reflect the launch of new payroll services in People and Money, and the changes around our Sustainable Travel Policy.
Key changes include:
- The new Payroll Policy reflects the fact that payroll-related transactions are now accessed and processed in People and Money.
- The Payroll Policy includes clear guidance on what happens in the event of under or overpayment of salary.
- The Expenses Policy reflects that, in line with the new Sustainable Travel Policy, you will no longer claim the cost of travel or accommodation through expenses apart from in exceptional circumstances.
- The Expenses Policy also covers subsistence costs while travelling on University business in the UK and abroad.
Find out more:
Principal’s Q&A session
On 4 April the Principal and senior managers hosted an online session for all staff, with 900 attendees. Responses to questions that couldn’t be covered on the day are being collated and will be posted on SharePoint in due course. A recording of the session is now available:
Watch the recording